NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Friday, February 10, 2012

What’s In Your TBR Pile?


I don’t have as much time for leisure reading as I used to. I have a 9 to 5 job and I always have multiple writing projects going. There just aren't enough hours in the day. But I’m currently between projects so guess what? Time to dig into the old TBR pile, which is actually multiple piles in my office at work and my bedroom. So what’s in my TBR pile? I’m so glad you asked! Here’s a sample of some of the books I can't wait to dive into:

The Lantern By Deborah Lawrenson-A modern gothic novel of love, secrets, and murder—set against the lush backdrop of Provence.

The Watchtower By Lee Carroll-Jewelry designer Garet James is still coming to terms with the astounding revelation in BLACK SWAN RISING that she is the last in a long line of women sworn to protect the world from evil.

The Long Fall By Walter Mosley-Introduces Walter Mosley’s new PI bad-guy-turned-good Leonid McGill.

Murder in Passy By Cara Black-The village-like neighborhood of Passy, home to many of Paris’s wealthiest residents, is the last place one would expect a murder. But when Aimée Leduc’s godfather, Morbier, a police commissaire, asks her to check on his girlfriend at her home there, that’s exactly what Aimée finds.

Silver Sparrow By Tayari Jones-With the opening line of Silver Sparrow, “My father, James Witherspoon, is a bigamist,” author Tayari Jones unveils a breathtaking story about a man’s deception, a family’s complicity, and two teenage girls caught in the middle.

The Shirt On His Back By Barbara Hambly-The new 'Benjamin January' novel from the best-selling author - Abishag Shaw is seeking vengeance for his brother’s murder – and Benjamin January is seeking money after his bank crashes.

Ready Player One By Ernest Cline-Part quest novel, part love story, and part virtual space opera set in a universe where spell-slinging mages battle giant Japanese robots, entire planets are inspired by Blade Runner, and flying DeLoreans achieve light speed.

Okay, it’s your turn! What’s on your TBR pile? 

Angela ; )

9 comments:

Maureen A. Miller said...

Ahh, the TBR. The TBR needs to be fed as often as any pet. My Kindle is LOADED. I could never list all the titles, but there's some sort of comfort knowing that I have that many wonderful books on me at any given moment.

Wendy Soliman said...

I'm with Maureen. I loaded up my shiny new kindle fire before leaving Florida. I feel insecure if I don't have at least a dozen books waiting for my attention.

Clare London said...

An excellent idea for a post! You've inspired me to go and dig through my own. Then there's the "why did I buy it" pile, the "can't get into it", "saving it for my holiday" and "wish it were 800 pages longer" piles!

Plus I may have to add couple of these to my own TBR pile... :)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Oh, those look like some great books in your TBR pile. My pile's looking a little sparse at the moment, but I have an Amazon order on the way. Lots of urban fantasy, paranormal romance and romantic suspense. Yay!

Anne Marie Becker said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! My TBR pile seems to be growing and growing. But it's there as motivation to get my goals met. I'm currently reading a Christy Reece book and then want to dive into a couple books for book club... Cutting for Stone and The Glass Castle.

Hope 2012 will bring more time for reading!

Marcelle Dubé said...

Excellent topic, Angela! I have so many books in my TBR pile that I cannot buy a single book more. I may not live long enough to read all the ones already waiting!

Rita said...

This is why I LOVE audio books. I can listen while I work and don't feel guilty about catching up on my reading. I have several on my Kindle Fire TBR. Claire you cracked me up I have a few of those why the heck did I buy them books.
I don't know if I should be happy or mad Angela showed me all these books to add to my TBR list

Unknown said...

Ooh, those books look good.
I keep vowing not to buy more books to add to the TBR. My iPad is loaded with so many that, unless some miracle of modern science occurs, I'm not going to live long enough to read them, lol.

Angela Henry said...

Hi Guys!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing what's on your TBR piles. And I won't even mention my digital TBR pile! It's three times as big as my print ones : ).

Angela

More Popular Posts