NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Friday, July 21, 2017

SO LONG, FAREWELL, AU REVOIR…

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu...



I’m feeling a little nostalgic lately, knowing that this will be my last post at Not Your Usual Suspects, at least for a while. I’ll certainly be dropping by to check out what my NYUS colleagues are up to and celebrate their latest accomplishments.

So, naturally, I’ve been thinking a lot about the past, especially once I realized that I’ve been posting here for seven years! Much of that time, I’ve felt like a bit of a fraud, pretending I’m a “real” writer while my NYUS colleagues (the real writers) go about their amazing careers.

But I sat down and counted, and since 2010, the year On Her Trail came out from Carina Press, and the year I “met” some fabulous writers (I’m looking at you in particular Maureen Miller, Toni Anderson and Shirley Wells), I’ve published 11 novels, 25 short stories, and two collections. It would interest me greatly to know how many novels the NYUS writers have published collectively. I’m sure it’s enough to fill a small library!

So, see you around. Here’s to another fabulous seven years for NYUS.




5 comments:

jean harrington said...

Bye-bye, lovely Marcelle. I'll surely miss your steady presence here at NYUS. Hope you will stop by from time to time. And waddya mean, you're not a 'real" writer? Look at that list of publications with your name on the covers! Best of luck to you always. Cheers1 Jean

Marcelle Dubé said...

Thanks, Jean! I'll miss you but I'll be dropping in, no worries.

Rita said...

Marcelle what a list of accomplishments! Best wishes to you.

Marcelle Dubé said...

Thanks, Rita!

Cathy Perkins said...

Remember to come visit, you "real writer!"

More Popular Posts